In the development of this site, we followed the W3C Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG).
For information about MSU's Web accessibility policy and related guidelines and resources, please visit webaccess.msu.edu.
All pages contain an 'Accessibility Tools' feature that allows for:
- Grayscale - This will change the overall colors of the website to grayscale
- Highlight Links - This will change all links to yellow and underlined with a black background (Note: if used in conjunction with 'Grayscale' and/or 'Change Contrast', the colors will appear different)
- Change Contrast - This will invert the colors of the website for greater contrast between elements
- Increase Text Size - This will increase overall text size on the page
- Increase Letter Spacing - This will increase the spacing between all letters on the page
- Dyslexia Friendly Font - This will change the page font to one that is dyslexia friendly
- Increase Cursor Size - This will increase the size of the cursor on the page
These tools can be accessed via keyboard navigation with the 'Tab' key and selecting the 'Toggle Accessibility Tools' link,
or are availabe by using the following keyboard shortcut:
ALT + SHIFT + A.
For touch-enabled devices, a 'Universal Access' icon Universal Access Icon will
appear in the top right corner of every page. Touching this icon will toggle the 'Accessibility Tools' panel to open and close.
All pages contain a 'Skip to main content' link for users who use speech browsers or keyboard navigation ('Tab' key) who wish to avoid repeated groupings of links. Selecting this link will move focus from the header of the page to the body copy, bypassing all header information, which may include: Search, Primary Navigation, Secondary Navigation and Social Media Icons.
This site uses Cascading Style Sheets to control all of the presentation. Turning off the style sheet will affect the visual presentation and may affect the functionality of the site for some users.
Images used in this site include a descriptive 'ALT' attribute. Images which are purely decorative or used for layout include a null 'ALT' attribute.
Data tables used in this site include the 'SCOPE' attribute to associate data cells with appropriate headers and the 'CAPTION' attribute to provide a brief description of the table when needed.
For assistance with the content and function of this site, please use the 'Contact Information' link at the very bottom of every page or report inaccessible digital content. We also provide a link back to this Accessibility page at the bottom of each page. Persons using assistive devices should contact the Resource Center for Persons with Disabilities for assistive technology assistance.