- November 2, 2013
- Prof. Bruno Basso’s work featured in NSF Science Now
Dr. Bruno Basso’s work with SALUS (Approach to Land Use Sustainability) continues to garner headlines.
- August 3, 2013
- Joint Faculty Elected Fellow of the Geological Society
- Dr. Phanikumar Mantha, who holds a joint appointment in the Department of Geological Sciences, has been elected Fellow of the Geological Society of America (GSA).
- July 4, 2013
- Professor Publishes Paper in Nature Climate Change
An international team of scientists has developed crop models to better forecast food production to feed a growing population – projected to reach 9 billion by mid-century – in the face of climate change.
- June 15, 2013
- Professor Receives Grant to Study Farm Pollution
Half of the nitrogen-based fertilizer used on U.S. crops seeps into the environment, prompting an interdisciplinary team of Michigan State University scientists, including Dr. Bruno Basso, to investigate ways to curb pollution.
- May 22, 2013
- Undergrads win honors at North-Central GSA meeting
Geological Sciences senior Jordan Hein won the Best Undergraduate Student Paper Award from the Great Lakes Section of the Society for Sedimentary Geology for his poster.
- May 17, 2013
- Studying meteorites may reveal Mars’ secrets of life
In an effort to determine if conditions were ever right on Mars to sustain life, a team of scientists, including a Department of Geological Sciences professor, has examined a meteorite that formed on the red planet more than a billion years ago.
- March 14, 2013
- Hydraulic Fracking Panel Discussion
MSU Environmental Engineering Student Society organizes a panel discussion on Hydraulic Fracking.
- February 4, 2013
- How Cover Crops May Mitigate Climate Change
Associated Professor Bruno Basso is among a team of 140 researchers at 10 Midwestern universities working on the Climate and Corn-Based Cropping Systems Coordinated Agricultural Project, funded by the U.S. Department of Agriculture.
- December 19, 2012
- Professor a Smithsonian Fellow for 2012-2013
- Professor Michael Velbel is on sabbatical leave for the academic year 2012-2013, spending most of this time as a Smithsonian Senior Fellow in the Division of Meteorites, Department of Mineral Sciences at the National Museum of Natural History, Smithsonian Institution.
- Speaker Lisa Danielson presents "Reasearch and Exploration at NASA Johnson Space Center"
Lisa Danielson presents "Research and Exploration at NASA Johnson Space Center"