- November 2, 2015
- Dr. Thomas Waggoner: Banded Iron Formations: Source-Emplacement-Alteration
Guest Speaker Dr, Thomas Waggoner joins us Friday, November 6, 2015
- October 30, 2015
- Seminar course in GROUNDWATER MICROBIOLOGY
Seminar course offered by Dr. Matt Schrenk, Department of Geological Sciences/Departmetn of Microbiology & Molecular Genetics. Date, time, and location to be announced.
- October 26, 2015
- Dr. Noah McLeal: "What does "high precision" mean anymore? Pushing the limits of high precision geochronology"
Guest Speaker Dr. Noah Mclean joins us Friday, October 30, 2015
- October 19, 2015
- Dr. Audrey Sawyer: "Hydrologic Speed Bumps: Heterogeneity in Water and Nutrient Exchange Between Rivers and Aquifers"
Guest speaker Dr. Audrey Sawyer joins us Friday, October 23, 2015
- October 12, 2015
- Dr. Richard R. Parizek: What Ever Happened To Yucca Mountain?
Guest speaker Dr. Richard R. Parizek joins us Friday, October 19,2015.
- October 5, 2015
- Dr. Lucas Zoet: "Experimentally Testing How Glaciers Slide"
Guest speaker Dr. Lucas Zoet joins us Friday, October 9, 2015.
- September 28, 2015
- October 2 Distinguished Lecturer
Dr. Philipp Heck of the Field Museum of Natural History will be this week's GLG guest lecturer, Friday, 2 October, speaking on:
A Catastrophic Asteroid Breakup Recorded in Terrestrial Sediments?
- April 29, 2015
- Warren Wood: Loving Water But Working In The Desert
Warren Wood is a visiting professor of hydrogeology in the Department of Geological Sciences. For the past 30 years his research interests have been largely in the hydrogeology of arid areas.
Becoming a hydrogeologist in the early 1960s seemed like a good fit. I loved all things water: sailing, canoeing, swimming, etc.
- April 29, 2015
- Dr. Ralph Taggart: Forests of Stone
Department of Geological Sciences Seminar
Forests of Stone by Dr. Ralph Taggart
Michigan State University
Professor of Geological Sciences and Plant Biology
Presented on the occasion of his retirement
- April 22, 2015
- Guest Speaker Dr. Warren Wood, April 24th, 2015
Dr. Warren Wood
“Origin and Fate of Water on Earth: An Attempt to State the Problem”
- April 8, 2015
- Guest Speaker Dr. Louis Jacobs 4/10/15
- April 2, 2015
- Spreading The Seeds Of Big Data
Michigan State University is spreading the seeds of big data to improve agricultural practices around the United States.
- January 30, 2015
- Speaker Seminar February 6, 2015 Dr. Paul Brinkman
Dr. Paul Brinkman
North Carolina Museum of Natural Sciences
Friday February 6th, 2015
- December 18, 2014
- GLG faculty and students embark on month-long oceanographic expedition
- Dr. Masako Tominaga is Chief Scientist for exploration of Jurassic ocean floor.
- December 15, 2014
- Visualizing mineral weathering: The microscopy of Prof. Michael Velbel
- GLG prof a regular contributor of journal cover photos
- December 10, 2014
- AGU Alumni Gathering
- GLG will host a gathering for alumni and friends at AGU
- November 20, 2014
- Seminar November 21
Dr. Karen Harpp of Colgate University will speak on mantle plumes
- November 17, 2014
- FIXED TERM FACULTY POSITION AVAILABLE
- Department of Geological Sciences and the Center for Integrative Studies seek to fill a fixed-term faculty position beginning Fall, 2015
- November 11, 2014
- Seminar November 14
Dr. Rebecca Bendick
University of Montana
“What’s the Use of GPS Geodesy?”
- November 4, 2014
- Geophysics featured in this week's seminar
- MSU Alumnus Allen McNamara to speak