Rooney, Tyrone O.
Igneous Petrology & Geochemistry
211 Natural Science
Tyrone O. Rooney received his Ph.D. (2006) and MS (2002) from the Pennsylvania State University. His research interests are in the application of geochemical methods for probing Earth processes, with particular attention to tectonic questions at divergent and convergent plate boundaries.
- Mazzarini, F., Rooney T.O., and Isola, I., 2013, The intimate relationship between strain and magmatism: A numerical treatment of clustered monogenetic fields in the Main Ethiopian Rift. Tectonics, v. 32, p. 1-16, doi:10.1029/2012TC003146.
- Rooney, T.O., Mohr, P., Dosso, L., and Hall, C.M., 2013, Geochemical evidence of mantle reservoir evolution during progressive rifting. Geochimica et Cosmochimica Acta, v. 102 p. 65-88, doi: 10.1016/j.gca.2012.08.019.
- Rooney, T.O., Hart, W.K., Hall, C.M., Ayalew, D., Ghiorso, M.S., Hidalgo, P., and Yirgu, G., 2012, Peralkaline magma evolution and the tephra record in the Ethiopian Rift. Contributions to Mineralogy and Petrology, v. 163, p. 407-426.
- Rooney, T.O., Hanan, B., Graham, D., Furman, T., Schilling, J.G., and Blichert-Toft, J., 2012, Upper mantle pollution during Afar plume-continental rift interaction. Journal of Petrology, v. 53, p. 365-389, doi:10.1093/petrology/egr065.
- Rooney, T.O., Herzberg, C., and Bastow, I.D., 2012, Elevated mantle temperature beneath East Africa. Geology, v. 40, p. 27-30. doi: 10.1130/G32382.1.
- GLG201 - The Dynamic Earth
- GLG361 - Igneous & Metamorphic Petrology
- GLG862 - Advanced Igneous Petrology