My research is focused on the determining the seismic structure and geologic evolution of northeastern Asia, and its application to the evolution of intra-continental plate boundaries; current projects include baseline seismicity and crustal structure studies of eastern Russia and the location, tectonics and evolution of the North America-Eurasia plate boundary in continental Asia using seismicity, neotectonics, and remote sensing. My secondary interest is in the historical seismicity of Michigan and northern Illinois, including mining induced events. I work extensively with K-12 teachers in the state through the Michigan Earth Science Teachers Association and coordinate the Michigan Seismographs in Schools network (MIQuakes).
- Mackey, K., Fujita, K., Hartse, H.E., Stead, R.J., Steck, L.K., Gunbina, L.V., Leyshuk, N., Shibaev, S.V., Koz'min, B.M., Imaev, V.S., Gordeev, E.I., Chebrov, V.N., Masal'ski, O.K., Gileva, N.A., Bormatov, V.A., Voitenok, A.A., Levin, Y.N., Fokina, T.A., 2010. Seismicity Map of Eastern Russia, 1960-2010: Seismological Research Letters, v. 81, p. 761-768.
- Fujita, K., Koz'min, B. M., Mackey, K. G., Riegel, S. A., McLean, M. S., and Imaev, V. S., 2009. Seismotectonics of the Chersky seismic belt, northeastern Sakha Republic (Yakutia) and Magadan District, Russia, in Stone, D. B., Fujita, K., Layer, P., Miller, E., Prokopiev, A., and Toro, J., eds., Geology, Geophysics and Tectonics of Northeastern Russia: a Tribute to Leonid Parfenov, European Geophysical Union, Stephan Mueller Series v. 4, Copernicus Publications, Göttingen, p. 117-145.
- Fujita, K., and Sleep, N. H., 2009. Earthquakes, in Schaetzl, R. J., Darden, J. T., and Brandt, D. (eds.), Michigan Geography and Geology: Pearson Custom Publishers, New York, p. 115-125.
- GLG401 - Global Tectonics and Earth Structure
- ISP203B - Understanding Earth - Natural Hazards and the Environment