Call for Spring 2022 Undergraduate Award Applications/Nominations
We are now soliciting all applications and nominations for the Spring 2022 Undergraduate Awards. Funded by the generous donation of our Alumni and Friends, these awards are used to encourage academic excellence, promote professional skill building, and enhance the quality of the students we graduate.
As a reminder, applications for the Warren Warren and Anneliese Wood Undergraduate Research Awards and Earth and Environmental Sciences Undergraduate Travel Award are due February 1st by uploading PDF through the submission form link.
Due February 14th:
- Central Michigan Lapidary & Mineral Society Scholarship: Students should submit the CMLMS application form by uploading the PDF through the submission form link. The recipient is selected by members of the CMLMS.
- Lucile Drake Pringle and Gordon H. Pringle Endowed Fellowship: Students can self-nominate or be nominated by faculty. To be eligible, students must be enrolled at MSU in the following fall semester. The nomination packet should be submitted as a single document (Word or PDF) and include:
- 1 Resume
- 2 250 word essay: statement of professional goals and student achievements in the past year towards those goals (written by the student or by the nominator)
- Neal Research Award for Undergraduate Students: Established in 1996 by James Neal to support undergraduate student scholarships, graduate fellowships, and enhance the Earth and Environmental Sciences Department. The research agreement needs to be approved (signed) by the advisor. To be eligible, students must be enrolled at MSU in the following fall semester. The nomination packet should be submitted as a single document (Word or PDF) and include:
- 1 Resume
- 2 250 word essay: statement of professional goals and interests in research in Earth and Environmental Sciences (written by the student or by the nominator)
- 3 Signed agreement by faculty member to supervise student research fellowship
As noted on the website, faculty may nominate undergraduate students for several other awards. Students are encouraged to contact faculty to discuss nominations. Yes, this means you! We will follow up with faculty with instructions for these awards.
Please send all application materials by uploading PDF through the submission form link below:
Thanks to all applicants for your efforts!